Venturing outside the LINES with healthy products for awakening souls, increasing consciousness, energy frequencies, health, and well-being
"Many years ago my mentor told me she saw me working with essential oils and aromatherapy and I replied, "Pfft. I have weak olfactory senses. There's NO WAY!" My sense of smell has never been one of my strengths unless I encountered extremely strong chemical scents (especially the kinds from aerosol sprays and the overuse of colognes and perfumes!) which were offensive to my already sensitive nature. Even for the natural pungent odors, like a litter box, I had to have other people tell me when the odor was noticeable so that I would remember to change it as often as I should.
"After that, many subtle synchronicity's led me to an Essential Oil 101 Class that a friend invited me to attend. While I was learning about the oils and hearing testimonial after testimonial as to their, almost, "magical" effects - I was noticeably struck with the realization and the visions which told me that I've worked with herbs and essential oils in my past lives!
"This somehow awakened in me that even though I cannot smell with my nose easily, I certainly can feel the high vibrations of these natural, almost magical potions!" - Lori Lines
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are the oil of the plant from which they were extracted. They’re basically concentrated herbs! They contain all the goodness that protects and maintains the plant, and we can use them to help support our own bodies’ health and wellness.
There are many different kinds of oils out there, and they all have different properties and uses. From well-known plants like Bergamot and Eucalyptus to unusual and exotic ones like Petitgrain and Spikenard, there’s an unfathomably huge range to choose from – and they each provide all sorts of different benefits and uses.
Technically, essential oils aren’t oils at all, as they lack fatty acids. Rather, they’re highly concentrated plant components. It can take a huge amount of a plant to get out even a small portion of essential oil — 4,000 pounds of Bulgarian roses are needed to get just one pound of oil, for example. This is why some essential oils are particularly expensive.
Can you just use any essential oils?
"In my opinion, no. I’ve done a lot of research into this and if you ask me, there’s one particular brand that stands head and shoulders above the rest: Young Living." - Lori
Introducing Young Living Essential Oils!
"Here are the top reasons I think this brand is so awesome!"
1. Consider the Source. It Really Matters!
One of the most important things I’ve learned in my journey to awakening is that it’s not just what something is – it’s where it comes from, how it’s grown, and how it’s processed, and where I KNOW the FARMER. Whether it’s blueberries fresh from the farm, or cows on green pasture, or a soft organic t-shirt, I know that the source MATTERS.
"To ensure the purity of their oils, Young Living sets the bar high. Young Living actually owns their own farms and distilleries around the globe and follow a stringent process: Seed to Seal – the HIGHEST standards for planting, harvesting, and distilling on the farms they own and co-op!
"If I’m going to be putting products on my skin (and my daughter's), ingesting them, and using them around our home, I want to know they are the BEST. Let’s be clear – there are no other oils on the planet that are comparable!"
2. It's a BIG, friendly community of like-minded souls!
"As a Young Living member, you automatically become a member of a big oily family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users. I have made the best friends in my life at Young Living. It is one big happy family!"
Want to be a part of this community? Click here to get started!
3. The Young Living Premium Starter Kit is the best introduction to essential oils (and it’s such great value, too!)
No other essential oils company offers such a great-value and comprehensive range of products to get you started.
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit contains your everyday staples – all the oils and equipment you’ll want to have on hand for a variety of situations. There’s an excellent user guide, too, which will help you understand how to use everything contained in the kit.
Here’s what else is great: once you buy the Premium Starter Kit, you automatically become a “wholesale member” of Young Living. This means you can continue to buy other Young Living products for a huge 24% discount off the retail price! You’re under zero obligation to buy any other products as a wholesale member, but if you do, you get 24% off!
How Can Essential Oils Promote your Health, Well-Being, and Raise your Vibe?
Essential oils can have a healing effect mentally, physically, and emotionally. You can apply them directly onto your skin, inhaling, or use through a diffuser.
There are some general tips for using essential oils that apply regardless of the type. It's advised looking for signs of a high-quality therapeutic-grade oil: pure, medicinal, and steam distilled. Never apply most oils directly to your skin, as their high concentration can cause a reaction or irritation. Instead, essential oils should be diluted with water or a carrier oil like jojoba, cocoanut, or almond. And with a few exceptions, as noted below, do not ingest essential oils. And always talk to your doctor about health concerns, especially if they represent sudden changes in your well-being.
1. _Tea Tree: Distilled from the Australian plant Melaleuca alternifloria, tea tree is one of the oils that can be used topically -- good news, because it's great for treating skin problems like fungus and blemishes. You can dab it on acne blemishes with a cotton swab to help clear your skin, or apply it to skin fungal infections like athlete's foot. It's also found in many skin care products.
2. Lavender: Lavender is one of the most versatile oils. It is more commonly known for its relaxing effects but works on bruises, cuts, and skin irritation too. Dr. Oz says that the scent of lavender can reduce the levels of stress hormones in your blood. That’s a good reason to put a few drops in your bath in order to help you relax at night. It is recommended putting a couple of drops of the oil on your hands, rubbing them together and inhaling, then sprinkle a few more on your pillow before you hop in bed.
3. _Calendula: Bright-orange calendula flowers are also known as marigold. Calendula can be used in a variety of forms, include as an essential oil. It's particularly good for sensitive skin and can be used to reduce the appearance of acne scars. You can also put a drop in your bath water to soothe psoriasis.
4. Chamomile: You're probably familiar with chamomile used as a tea, but the essential oil has similar properties. It's particularly well known for its relaxing effects, which is why the tea is popular to drink before bed. Add to the effect with a few drops of the oil on your pillowcase.
5. Peppermint: Peppermint purifies and stimulates the mind. It also can increase mental alertness. Dr. William N. Denver of the University of Cincinnatti found that inhaling peppermint oil increased mental accuracy by 28 percent. Peppermint oil is also one of just a handful of oils that can be taken internally, which is fortunate because it’s a great recipe to help indigestion — just mix a few drops in water and drink.
6. Frankincense: Nina Nelson of the blog Shalom Mama says that frankincense is a must-have essential oil in her home. She uses it both for relaxation, such as in baths, and to help minor cuts and bug bites heal more quickly. Frankincense has been used for thousands of years. It can be used for depression, inflammation, immunity, and to increase spiritual awareness.
7. Oregano: You may have heard of oil of oregano as a flu fighter. This strong-tasting oil has naturally antibacterial qualities, which is why many think it can help to fight colds and other sicknesses. It is taken topically, often by putting a few drops on the tongue — the taste isn't pleasant but many people swear by it during flu season.
8. Lemon: Lemon oil can be used not only to detox the body but it can also help with acne. If you want a healthy boost in alertness, a bit of lemon oil mixed 50:50 with a carrier is a great way to give your head a lift. Because of its uplifiting properties, lemon essential oil is also good for increasing focus and concentration. As a bonus, it can help keep fleas away when used on your pets.
9. Grapefruit: Another citrus oil, grapefruit essential oil has properties similar to lemon oil. It's a great choice for people experiencing fatigue and it can help you deal with the effects of jet lag. It's also a natural antiseptic so you can add it to your homemade household cleansers to keep your home safe and clean.
10. Eucalyptus: This is a great oil to have on hand if you get frequent colds or suffer from allergies that affect your breathing and make you congested. Eucalyptus can be used to relieve sore muscles and help clear sinuses. It also has many antibacterial properties and has been known to stimulate the immune system. Use it in a vaporizer to loosen up a congested chest or apply it diluted to the inside of your nose to relieve nasal congestion. But never ingest it or use it on your skin undiluted, as it can be irritating.